How to become a successful host on Airbnb Part 3
Part 3: Optimize Prices and Policies
In case you missed our joint webinar with Airbnb on how to improve your performance we have summarized Airbnbs key recommendations in a series of blog posts.
This part explains how to optimize prices and policies to generate more revenue.
Different discounts can help attract different guest audiences.
- Make sure your listing is ready to accept longer stays and offer weekly and monthly discounts to capture part of the increasing long terms stays on Airbnb.
- Consider setting up a lower cleaning fee for short term bookings.
- Last minute discounts may help you attract late bookers.
- If a guest is planning a trip early, the algorithm boosts listings with Early Bird discount in search results.
- Offer a non-refundable rate option with a discount. Beds24 also supports rate plans for Airbnb which allows you to control the discount, the cancellation policy and when a non-refundable option is offered.
Offer cancellation flexibility
Many guests are looking for more flexibility as they plan their upcoming travels. If you have a strict policy in place, consider switching to a flexible or moderate policy.
Airbnb has a search filter for guests who want to search only for listings with cancellation flexibility.
In Europe, in December 2020 two thirds of bookings on Airbnb were made for listings with a flexible or moderate cancellation policy. Airbnb’s data shows that Hosts who switched from a strict or moderate cancellation policy to a flexible policy after April 2020 saw increases in next-month bookings of 10% or more.
How Beds24 can help you
Beds24 is extremely flexible when it comes to pricing and rules. For Airbnb we support all pricing options including rate plans. Occupancy pricing and rate plans will allow you to offer different prices for different numbers of guests and different length of stay. You can also offer a non-refundable discount-
If you do not want to offer a non-refundable price at all times or if you want to control the exact price and cancellation policy you can use rate plans which is a new pricing option which Airbnb introduced recently.
Being a preferred partner we can offer you advanced features and many convenience functions which make it easy to manage your Airbnb listings.